Originally constructed in 1925 to house the Firestone Tire & Rubber Company, Tire Town is a 2-story red brick building on the corner of 300 W and 300 S directly across the street from Pioneer Park. In 1997 the space was converted to accommodate restaurant space on the main level, three penthouse lofts on the upper level, and office space in the basement. Tire Town’s first tenant was Tony Caputo’s Market & Deli, which occupied the corner retail space for many years before relocating to its current home in the building just west of Tire Town. Now, one of Salt Lake’s most popular Italian restaurants Cucina Toscana occupies the majority of the main level.
Several years ago two of the three residential units were combined to create one of Salt Lake’s largest and most impressive lofts: a 3,478 square foot, 3-bedroom, 4-bath condo complete with bar, water wall, exposed brick walls, floor-to-ceiling windows, a fitness room, and a nothing-like-it-in-Salt-Lake-City 2,000 square foot outdoor, grass-covered terrace.