Sugar House

sugarhouse

Sugar House is a fairly large neighborhood established in 1853 and named after a sugar beet test factory built in the area by the Deseret Manufacturing Company. It is roughly defined by the boundaries of 700 E and 2100 E and 1300 S and 2700 S. In the mid 1990s the area experienced a revitalization as an influx of young homeowners purchased and renovated homes in Sugar House and the surrounding areas, a trend which continues today.

Sugar House Park is one of Salt Lake’s largest parks at 110 acres, and features a lake, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, volleyball courts, pavilions, a sleigh riding hill, and is home to an annual 4th of July fireworks show.